2013年2月8日星期五

Underwater Cinematography (can't practice)

Filming underwater is a specialty unto itself, and being a very safe, capable, and confident diver is the number one prerequisite towards being an underwater cameraperson. I think if I want becoming an underwater cameraperson dive regularly, upgrade my diver certification, and enroll in a commercial diving course to become familiar with current practices and equipment. (I know it’s for me is very difficult, because I never dive.)
 



Underwater photography presents the cinematographer with a wide variety of situations. I need become an experienced diver and really understand the mechanics and optics of your underwater camera, I will be able to deal with most underwater filming assignments. Water is a dense medium and it has certain light absorption properties that cannot be changed. It is crucial to understand how to work with and around these factors. Working in open water with sea conditions, weather, current and visibility changing daily or sometimes hourly, I have to be prepared for just about anything. Locations might vary from a tropical reef to a frozen ice pack, from a backyard pool to a cement tank 200 in diameter and 60 deep, and water visibility could vary from 100 to less than a few feet.



My buoyancy control is a very important consideration when shooting underwater. At certain times I will want to be neutral so I can swim the camera like a Steadicam and crane combined, or I might be stationed on a set of parallels in a tank, without my fins on, heavily weighted for stability.


没有评论:

发表评论